Get in Touch
- Quality Control
- Overhead, Conveyor, Ergo
- Blood Handling
- Picking & Hock Cutting
- Paw Processing
- Whole Bird Chilling
- Water Re-Use & Screening
- Feather & Offal Screening
- Cut-Up and Debone
Find A Machine: Interactive Layout
Water Filtration & Re-Use Overview
Go Green: Prime Equipment Group Water Conservation Systems
Prime Equipment Groups engineers literally wrote the book on water conservation in poultry plants in the mid-2000s. Thats when the experts at the facility that became Prime-Gainesville worked with the USDA to craft the regulations that allowed processing plants to save water, money and the environment by filtering and re-circulating water.
The concept is simple:
- Evisceration and paw water are best for conservation.
- Collect water that normally drains to treatment.
- In evisceration, screen out solids via two drum screens to the 0.008 level, then filter further to the 0.005 level.
- With paws, screen solids out to the 0.015 level.
- Add anti-microbial agents as needed.
- Pump the water up-line for re-use.
The savings can be substantial:
- Saving 200 GPM at $4.50/k gal = $864.00 savings per day, or $216,000.00 savings per year.
Prime Equipment Group machines and systems for water re-use and re-circulation include: