Prime Equipment Group, Inc. is a USA-based manufacturer of food processing equipment, focused on the poultry processing industry. We design and build stand-alone machines, as well as customized equipment systems and equipment from brand partners for processing plants all over the world.
Our team members also offer helpful engineering assistance, hands-on field support and a quality selection of spare and replacement parts for multiple industries in over 15 countries. We are a fast growing company in an expanding industry with great opportunities and excellent benefits.
We're always looking for qualified individuals interested in joining our team. Current opportunties include:
CNC MACHINIST - VERTICAL MILL
We have 3rd shift openings available at our Columbus, Ohio location. Hours are 10:30 pm to 7:00 am
We are looking for an additions to our machining department for CNC Machinists with at least 2 years of job experience. Individuals needs to be able to work with limited supervision, take pride in good quality workmanship and have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve common machining problems.
- Needs to be able to set up, and operate CNC mills.
- Proficient in writing programs using master cam will be considered a plus.
- Must be proficient in reading engineering drawings (blueprints).
- Solid understanding of machining fundamentals (speed, feed, work holding, etc.)
- Familiar with shop routers and following written instructions.
- Ability to set/change tool offsets in order to maintain tight machining tolerances.
- Machining tolerances can be as tight as .0010 inch to as low as .0002 inch.
- Needs to be able to operate all types of manual equipment and machines (lathe, mill, etc.)
- Competency using inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, indicators, surface finish gages and other available equipment to inspect work for acceptance.
- Ability to make parts, from prints.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
Must agree to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED SUB-ASSEMBLY MECHANIC
The Sub-Assembly Mechanic produces components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics.</li>
- Machine Shop/Fabrication/Warehouse environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Support Production as needed in the following areas: Supply All Production Departments With Parts and Material For All Production Orders & Process all W.I.P Production Related Activities.
Material Handlers are charged with moving equipment, parts, assemblies, sub-assemblies and other goods among the warehouse, fabrication, sub-assembly and final assembly departments, among other duties. Functions include:
- Create daily consumption complete report from the “Prod. Order – List by Due Date” report found in “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic”
- Using the consumption complete report, identify and pull all consumption complete production order bins and print the associated production orders and matriks documents
- Take a full inventory of all identified consumption complete production order bins and deliver the bin along with the associated production order packet to the inbound W.I.P location and update production order W.I.P location(s) in “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic” .e. WELDING BENCH 1-6, WIPMANLATHE, WIPMANMILL, INBSA, FA
- Process all “Part Complete” outbound WIP from each production work center/department using the “Output Journal” confirming first that the order is “Consumption Complete” and the labor has been posted
- Identify requirements for all processed outbound and deliver to the next inbound production work center/department
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all inbound/outbound work center areas and maintain inventory integrity of all W.I.P & PEG inventory through routine cycle counts insuring correct quantities and properly labeled parts
- Ensure that all parts are labeled with proper production and item labels
- Receive all raw material deliveries confirming accuracy of pack list as compared to delivered goods
- Receive all inbound production shipped from off-site Prime Equipment Group, Inc. locations
- Apply all scrapped or lost material/components to the proper jobs using the “Job Journal”
- Process all R.T.S W.I.P and deliver to its proper inventory location or next inbound production work center/department
- Pick up local vendor purchase orders as needed
- Effective Communicator
This position has or has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is in a manufacturing environment and will require all P.P.E including safety eyewear, hearing protection and steel toe boots.
This position also requires long periods of standing and will require frequently lifting 70 LBS at a time daily.
Expected Hours of Work
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (0.5 hour lunch)
Minimal travel on volunteer basis
Required Education and Experience
- Above average knowledge of production material flow
- Experienced with an MRP system
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office software
- Certified forklift operator
- Clear driving record
- Own tools required to perform the job duties as specified
The Warehouse Clerk position will be for the shipping department, material handling and general warehousing.
The shipping role will be responsible for all outgoing parts. The material handler A & B role will be internal part processing. The general warehousing is the upkeep and organization of the warehouse.
You must have above average organization and communication skills, as this position will put you in multiple areas.
You must have average to above average skills to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook and Prime Equipment Group’s ERP system.
The shipping, material handler A & B, and general warehousing will be your responsibility to complete the task needed. You must maintain the overall organization and appearance of the area. You must be able to work with high results and be self-motivated with little to no supervision.
Additional openings include:
- Design Engineer with SolidWorks experience (Columbus, OH)
- Service Technicians (Various locations)
- Welding/Fabrication Team Members (Columbus, OH)
Please contact us for more information, or send résumés with references to:
Prime Equipment Group, Inc.
Attn: Gina Gasbarro
2000 E. Fulton St.
Columbus, OH 43205
or e-mail to ggasbarro@PrimeEquipmentGroup.com